Thread: B-Fund Contributions for MLOA

Raptor , 09-22-2017 01:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Raptor
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2012
Quote: Are you sure about this? I would think that you would only get the B fund contributions once you make up the 18CH. Otherwise, I think you WOULD be getting "over and above" (8% + 8% for one 18CH trip).
Positive, 100%. If it's not happening for someone, contact FedEx ALPA Mil affairs.

For some history, FedEx did NOT pay B fund on short term MLA years ago. I think it was up to somewhere around 2005 that this got fixed. It was a clear violation of USERRA not to do so. Several pilots made complaints, got the ESGR ombudsman involved, and started a DOL investigation. Shortly after this happened, the union and the company came to an agreement that the company had been doing it wrong and pilots were to be made whole and it would be done correctly in the future. I heard (don't quote me) that the company had to pay over 10-15 million going back 7(?) years from the LOA to fix the "missed" B fund contributions for short term MLA. I got over $10,000 personally added to my account and it was paid correctly from then on.

Anyone who is doing short term (under 30 days) MLA can chime in. Just look at your source of contributions. You will see, 90 days after a MLA dropped trip, you get your 8% payment. I have talked to a couple of folks who didn't have this happen, and when they pointed it out, it was fixed. I don't know if it was an honest mistake or reindeer games? But, the company follows the law when it has to and paying B find on short-term MLA is the law.

And yes, you get your 8% when it's dropped. And, you get 8% when you fly a trip in M/U--doesn't matter what the cause of you getting the makeup hours is.