Old 09-22-2017, 06:07 PM
Dilemma
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by Pokeysrider View Post
First) - Western wives might have different mindset than Asian apparently do.
Second) - your first years will have little days off.
Third and most important) - your marriage will end in divorce from your absences. For FAA certs, what I've seen in 16 months wway from home (or longer). The Chinese ab initio students that I ttrained do not get to possess their actual FAA certificates, the company holds them as soon as they are mailed by the FAA. They do have their paper temps, but they get local certicates to fly.
You will not fly into the US without an FAA certificate.
If you ARE AS WEALTHY AS YOU SAY, then get a visa, come here to train and bring your wife while becoming naturalized citizen; after you acquire your com multi with some turbine time you can apply for job there.
Either way, you cannot run your business while you are in an ab inito training environment, as it is very rigorous and difficult.
Hi there! This ab initio program I applied for, I'll only need to leave home for 6-10 months to Australia for the flying. It'll be an MPL (so alot of time is done on Sims, which is done back home here in Singapore). Besides the training that's going to be tough, I'm more concerned about the lifestyle of an airline pilot, having to be away from home for days on end. I have no intention of being a citizen anywhere else.