Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 06:18 PM
DarkSideMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Mooney201Guru View Post
Alright guys.... I have a few questions. Some things were not exactly clear when I asked them during the interview. Maybe a few current Planesense Pilots can chime in. Keep in mind 950TT.

Had a great interview with them this week and received a call later in the week from the HR which I was not able to call back by the end of business. I am assuming it would be a job offer. But, to help my decision I have a few questions to make my decision. I have 950TT to keep in mind.

1. How many extra days can you pick up on a cycle? I am pretty motivated as working my butt off is just apart of me (no pun intended). Realistically I would be willing to pick up 3-4 days each cycle. Is there that much extra flying as I will be taking a pay cut moving with this company?

2. How is the insurance and about what do you pay? I know Planesense pays for 50% of whatever tier you pick. I am a single guy and need to pick up insurance as my current employer does not have it.

3. I want to work hard and would love to upgrade to Captain as soon as I can. It sounds like they are hurting for Captains so is there a possibility to upgrade around 1200 or is 1500 around the norm. I know it is merit based and how hard of a worker you are.

4. Looks like a great company to work for. The contract is a downer, but from what I read on here it is a good fit for me. I am used to long days flying solo cross country and want to put in the hard work.

-Your Mooney guy....
Regarding point 1- do a month or two on the line in the summer and you'll realize 3-4 days of OT are not feasible. I did it once and it screwed me up for almost an entire month.