Old 09-24-2017, 11:36 PM
OregonAviator
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016

[QUOTE=gainzbruh;2435440]
Originally Posted by DLocked View Post
The training materials are good - better than Delta's according to a friend there.

The long breaks in the middle of sim training, before IOE, and even during IOE set students up for failure according to the LCA's and other pilot friends. That's been the biggest disappointment.

-most of us had a month wait for ioe. study EVERYTHING, and ask your lca questions when you show up. call him/her the night before you start your ioe trip to introduce yourself and clear any questions up. that sets the tone for how things are going to go. if people aren't studying and sit around for a month doing nothing and fail their line check or need extra ioe because of it, that's their own fault.

The fact that you even sit around for a month waiting for IOE tells me your training needs work because that's literally setting somebody up for failure, even Horizon air yes horizon recognizes this and try's to avoid this issue. Even if you chair fly everyday the fact you're not constantly in a learning environment or actively flying is going to hurt you in some way, others won't have as much a issue but there shouldn't be any delays. I literally started IOE two days after my sim check and I'm happy I jumped right into it and passed with flying colors. Unless you've worked at another regional let me tell you the training may be good at Skywest and I won't take that away from you guys but to say it's the best in the industry lmao.