Old 09-27-2017, 07:46 AM
ecam
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Desert Sky View Post
I disagree with your upgrade estimates. There will be massive growth coming once we are all airbus at 110 airframes, which is the new proposed number by Q4 2019. The whole company will be completely airbus by November of 2018. The announcement will occur within 4 weeks.

I estimate 2 years will last for awhile.
I agree. Because of our unique fact among other airlines, that many FOs choose to wait and upgrade in base, I think the junior bases will always have shorter upgrades, maybe 2 years. Bases like IWA? Pretty much already 5 years. So it's all relative.

I'm not a sky is falling type of guy (unless pieces start hitting you in the head), so I refuse to believe the good times are about to end here. In 2008 and on, we made it through the worst recession in in almost a hundred years with flying colors. The funny thing about LCCs is that when the economy sucks, legacies shrink, and we grow, as price becomes more important than service level and frequency. I think we have a good chance of doing well in the next recession. People will always go on vacation, they will just take shorter, cheaper trips, closer to home. And we've got their vacation package.

Originally Posted by disco inferno View Post
The transition needed to be expedited years ago. The recent Fresno incident is a good example of why it's necessary. It's beyond embarrassing at this point. Just spend the damn money and be done with it FFS!
I totally agree. it's getting beyond ridiculous and the 80s are dragging down the whole company now in terms of reputation and cost. In my humble opinion, it's approaching a severe liability level too. In other words, if we ever have a serious incident, the lawyers are going to have plenty of evidence that the issues were known and ignored. Not to mention summer 2018 will be just as much of a debacle as this year if they don't get those heat restricted 80s out of Vegas. They need to finish the transition asap, not drag it out until 2019.