View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
If you're looking for fast TPIC realize that by the time you get hired, get through training, possibly sit a short stint of reserve, then finally hold a line... It will be about 2 to 2.5 years before you have the minimum qualifications to upgrade to CA at any regional. This industry is going to look completely different in a lot of ways come 2 years time.

If I were choosing a regional today I would pretty much be avoiding one that exclusively flies 50 seat airplanes. Sure some of them may be growing to some extent right now but ultimately the 50-seater is going to go away. Fuel prices have already shot up considerably just since the beginning of the summer thank to a couple of hurricanes. Now think what would happen if we have another war or some other natural disaster that disrupts the energy sector here in the US. Those 50 seaters will quickly become a heavy weight on the legacy balance sheets.

If I were choosing today I would be looking at the American wholly-owned regionals (Envoy, PSA, and Piedmont) or Endeavor. As much as I don't want to recommend them, if you live on the west coast SkyWest is worth a look. Also Republic if you happen to be hellbent on flying the 175 and like their bases. Other than that I would be cautious.
Piedmont only flies 50 seaters...