View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 07:41 AM
sulkair
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by kspilot View Post
So in determining the ability and impact of ‘self-help’ on interstate commerce they don't indirectly control wages in your opinion? When the Spirit pilot group gets essentially told that the companies give was reasonable enough to kick a determination on self help down the road indefinitely even though it is significantly less than other carriers compensation packages are worth the NMB isn't basically concluding, on their own, what someone there is worth? And if the NMB didn't exist and wasn't currently preventing self help at both ULCCs would both groups would be paid what they are in SEP of 2017? When the disparity in total compensation at F9 vs someone flying the same plane on the same route is as it stands today I can't help but believe the RLA and NMB are being used to much as a tool by management.
I am forced to draw the same conclusion. The NMB is the final determiner of what you're worth. I can't see any way around this fact.

Until the Spirit situation, I had hoped the NMB felt airline pilots should be paid what other airline pilots are paid, but apparently this isn't the case.

Extremely troubling.