View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by Fdxlag2 View Post
It is not hard to understand, the company that demands integrity wants you to pay as much as possible of your traveling expenses. So they try to trick into using your hotel money first.
One thing is for certain, it's an imperfect system. I don't think it's too much to ask that currently available DBA funds (from past closed months) AT LEAST be displayed at the bottom of the report you're submitting. You can get that data if you search for it, so putting an extra data block on the reports so it's readily available shouldn't take our programmers more than 3-4 years.

I ended up creating a spread sheet to track all this stuff. Mainly so I can go back and make sure I'm getting reimbursed for anything taken that's going to be given back. But, also just to make sure I'm optimizing the use of my $$. As we've always done, I try to slide expenses backwards to ensure I've used up as much $$ in that past month as possible (before the excess gets cut in half). That was normal ops even under the old contract. However, in some months, those slides have intentionally created hundreds in deficits (one close to $1000) on some reports. Then those deficits are covered by DBA from past reports being applied forward.

Maybe this stuff is obvious to some, but it helps me to see it laid out. My takeaway is to really examine any expense you have the option to slide backwards. Take a look at previous month's DBA as they carry forward and what will be available in relation to those potential slides. Even if the previous DBA won't cover it all, the deficit may end up being far less than that of the current month if you didn't slide. The option to apply DBA backwards one month may end up taking care of that small deficit when the excess created by the slide becomes available.

Now my brain hurts....