View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 02:36 PM
172skychicken
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Lenticularis View Post
Skychix. You are way off on this US historical. Lets look at our own airline. I have had months I flew 40 hours and was paid 85. I personally know pilots who had not flown for 70 days all the while collecting 75 hour checks, and then there is the group of Q dudes who got 9months off, DAL travel benys whom they had never carried a PAX for, and 75hour Capt. Paychecks under the old JCBA. Compare those averages on an hourly basis. It’s not fair. That is the true history. None of this is going to be fair for all groups. Good luck with gaining the right perspective, because it’s what will matter the most with a contract I bet will easily pass.
Apparently I wasnt clear. I am in favor of the conversion to rates. I was simply pointing out that any continuation of the bonus is the least equitable (and for that matter, luctrative) option moving forward for our pilot group. As for the historical reference, I was pointing out that we have been paid hourly. Prolonging or extending the bonus structure moves us into a quasi-salaried pay regime. That is not In our best interest.