View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 10:50 AM
BeechedJet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: to-go plate at hotel buffet

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
Reminds me of a little 8 passenger twin piston driven plane, back when I was 23. I was the only PAX. Terrible Midwest spring evening thunderstorms all along the 100 miles. Tornadoes bouncing around. Surprised the CA said he was flying. Got on.

During the flight, all 3 of us used the vomit bags. Got on the ground. The CA looked green. The FOs knees were knocking. I think I was older than both.

I said let me look at your paperwork. I pointed out, in no uncertain terms why they should not have taken off. If they had, why they should have turned around. The CA just looked at me and said, "I never will again, sir."

With that we all three staggered into the terminal. As I was headed out, they told the PAX waiting to go home. They were going to get a hotel room and take off in the morning. I just shook my head.
The worst flight I've ever been on was with two guys doing this exact same thing going into STL in a 402. The only difference is both of them laughed their asses off as the pax in the back cried, screamed and used the air sickness bags. 100 mile leg as well and for whatever reason they just had to launch. Wasn't the first or last legs of the day either.