View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
I think it is (gasp) a face value email. If you want to go to HKG, you probably want to lead turn some of the day to day life admin. ...

... You know how I felt about this LOA. However, I think this email was a genuine pilot to pilot "heads up". Not EVERYTHING the company or union puts out is evil. (Just some of it....)
I agree the FCIF was an attempt at a "heads up", but I think it was a little disingenuous. A real heads up would include a practice bid as soon as practical not as late as possible. I am not saying it would be 100% accurate, but 75% is not unreasonable.

Again the questions answered so far have been restating the obvious. Remember when JL said something like " The question generated so far made us realize that there are a lot of things we haven't considered." Have they considered them yet? Here are some question that I have asked that will impact what seat I bid. Still waiting for answers.

Will a voluntary STV meet the requirement of an involuntary STV?

How will someone bid for a line while on STV? Will it be like SIBA, or will we have a crack at the FDA lines?

What is the minimum acceptable notice for an invol STV?

Can I bid a 30 day STV or must I bid 90 day only?

What provision of the contract will we be paid to travel under?

What is the final check in requirement for my deviation STV check-in? Is it from first activity or first day of bid month?

How will conflicts with bid months preceding and following an STV be handled?

Last edited by FDXLAG; 10-08-2007 at 10:19 AM.