Old 10-06-2017, 10:46 AM
TallFlyGuy
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Five93H View Post
I was one of the first to be hit by that ruling, and am strongly in favor. Oh god forbid one spends a year instructing before hitting a shiny jet. Short term v long term gains, but not everybody can see it like that.
I agree. I am in favor of keeping the 1500 hour requirement. But to me it should be more than an hours requirement in my opinion.

The Type of flying is more important.

I was Hired at a Regional back in the early 2000's with 223 hours after coming out of Riddle. I never made it to Ground School because it was cancelled after they lost a contract. I went a different career path but still fly for Business in a SR22. I am glad I did Financially at the time. I am now in a place I am looking to get back into the airline game.

I can honestly say...I was a good pilot coming out of ERAU, but I am a much better Pilot now flying a company Cirrus SR22 in the real world for a few years. Real weather, Real IFR, Real issues, Real ATC in SoCal and NorCal, all using real Decision making. No the supper easy flying of instructing in the pattern at KPRC or some other school. I think 100 hours of my type of SR22 flying is better than 1000 hours in instructing in the pattern.

How you categorize this in the regs is much more difficult.

But form a Pay perspective 1500 is great for the regional as a whole