View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 06:11 AM
HeliHooker
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Username06 View Post
They have four at SkyWarrior, two of which you can’t take your checkride in. There are 21 people fighting for the multi right now and that number continues to build. One guy has been on multi for two weeks and flown 0.5 hours. PSA can exert some pressure on SkyWarrior and could also look into other schools or even better, have a student loan reimbursement program instead of paying the school directly. I for one would rather do the training at a safer, better managed school closer to home. For time building, SW is fine. Just do a good preflight and be prepared to take off 90 minutes late if it’s the first flight of the day. Anything related to a CFI is hit or miss. Some are good. Some are just bad. 99% have less aviation experience than any RTP student. There’s growing pains and PSA is fully aware. I just hope they are working on some solutions on their end. I think TSA has about 10 schools they’ll send you to. Your choice. Piedmont has at least one other than SkyWarrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this. Other airlines are sending people to several different schools and PSA should look into doing the same. I personally know of several people who were going to go to Envoy but have since changed due to the issues being experienced at Coast.