View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 07:33 PM
jdflyer1999
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Default Envoy or Spirit ?

May seem obvious but let me explain

"Final Target" is AA or SWA. I need an airline with a Dallas pilot base due to personal situation. Pay is not the issue, but I need to be in Dallas, and a company with a Dallas pilot base is preferred (agreed that nobody can guess how soon you can get awarded a Dallas base....)

With that said, I have been told I "easily qual" for Envoy (ATP, 6000 TT, 1500 multi Turbine PIC, college degree) and "maybe could go direct to Spirit". I have no 121 time, all Part 91 corporate ops type stuff. So I need to check the 121 box.

With that said, I am applying to ALL of the carriers but if Envoy and Spirit both called, which one should I go to ? Envoy offers a flow (albeit 5+ years) but if I stay alive and breathing I will eventually end up at AA. The Envoy/Eagle training program has always had a great reputation. Off-duty travel on the extensive AA network is appealing. Spirit offers greater pay and no flow...again, final target is AA and SWA.

Money not super critical in this decision. If one is double or triple the other, then yes, that will play a role in my decision.

My initial gut belief is checking the 121 block via Airbus time and with not-poverty wages is the way to go, but maybe I am missing something. Flow could indeed be something to consider.

Thoughts ?

Thank you

* Full disclosure: I will let this poll run for a few weeks then maybe post similar poll over at Envoy forum.

Please comment/reply if you have information beyond simple poll responses. Thank You