View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 04:46 AM
PT6flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by whoareyou311 View Post
You are clearly a flipping genius... you must not be on reserve or don't have a clue how it works here. This was the way it has always been for reserves. ALWAYS...what little QOL we have this stipulation of 2 on 1 off really has helped some have a few more nights at home. It's not about avoiding work you tool...it's about having more time in your own bed if you live in base. Reserve at this company is a complete disaster and our union made reserve worse for those of us stuck on reserve. if you knew anything about reserve rules here you wouldn't be such a blow hard about this part of our pilot group.
A lot of us know reserve is bad and trust me i feel for you. Its so awful people choose to commute rather than be on it. Luckily for you NY reserve doesn't last long. I say that assuming you're not sitting on reserve in msp or dtw when you could have a 17 day off schedule in nyc. Otherwise your complaints would fall on deaf ears because you're choosing to be miserable.

You heard it from this guy everyone, reserve is awful here, and commuting is your only solution.

... ... Unless you just love reserve in MSP or DTW, especially 2 on 1 off when they can barely use you, making you functionally useless as a reserve pilot. That's impossible though, because reserve is death.