View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Privateer383
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: New hire 135 airline pilot
Default Sky Warrior and EFI: pre-arrival impressions

Sky Warrior (Florida) had my contact info and my date of arrival for about a month, and didn't contact me until about three days before my arrival (which has been delayed for personal reasons). The woman to whom I spoke was not a native-English speaker, which is fine, but she was rather unknowledgeable about the program, and new nothing about my specific aviation needs. All she could say was "...you'll get assigned to a flight instructor when you get here and they will discuss your flying with you." I did not feel like SkyWarrior was really interested in earning my money. So, I've been looking at the other flight schools...

I contacted EFI (California) via their website and was emailed directly by the owner that same day. We spoke the following day and I was very impressed with his desire to get things done. I have been in contact with him over the last few days working through some minor hurdles and am very encouraged by his motivation and desire to "make it happen". I have still not heard from the other two schools, which were emailed at the same time as EFI. I think it most likely I will be heading to EFI in California for my remaining FW time (appx 120hrs).

I'll follow up with more when it becomes available.

-P383