Thread: Australia
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 05:58 AM
Groundpointfife
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: On guard

Originally Posted by ucsspirit View Post
I appreciate all the responses, you all are pointing me in the right direction. The move ( not set in stone ) is more for my wife, to be around her family which I have nothing against. I just want to make sure I am employable down under.

I noticed Skywest and the E3 visa the other day and kinda laughed. I didnt think it had got that bad in the U.S. yet.
It's not that bad in the USA, as I said, just a technique so they can fill classes without upping pay.

SkyWest, Mesa, Compass, Trans States and GoJet are advertising they will hire E3 visa holders. Endeavor is not.

Having family around is always nice, especially if you have kids. My suggestion though is get on with a major (Virgin, WN) or legacy here in the USA and live close to your family. Then use your days off and vacation to visit her family. If you work there and have your family visit, you might be flown down to min days off (10/month) with rosters built for you by the company- even with some seniority. Seniority when you have it is a great thing in the states.