Old 10-11-2017, 05:41 PM
MD88Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
That is incorrect. It is up to 6 hrs prior. I only jumpseat out of DTW, but they allow you to list 6 hrs early. I've been the early-lister and the left-at-the-gater as well.

If it's not kosher to list early on Connection, then I guess it's not kosher to use DeltaNet to list 4 1/2 days early either, huh?
Having a gate agent list you and whether or not it is within the ALPA prescribed window are two different things. Another mainline pilot who commuted to my same city, would get an agent to list him, go fly a turn, and show up 7 hours later for the RJ jumpseat. After the publication, he stopped that practice.

The timing difference in listing for the jumpseat is in 1. the company you fly for, 2. is for a request for a different carrier. Maybe the window has changed as one can now list and activate within 24 hrs on jetBlue. I just haven't seen and guidance on this from ALPA or the company.

I've asked the Jumpseat Chair for a clarification and I'll post, in general terms, what his response is. If you desire a direcct response from him why not email him as well? I don't make the rules; I'm just following the guidance which was distributed several years ago.

BTW, no need to get snarky on your above response to me, okay? I don't and have never commuted out of DTW. Like you, I've had many flights leave as I was stranded. I am just trying to follow the rules as I remember them.