Old 10-12-2017, 10:40 AM
geosync
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by fhfly View Post
Hello,

I have been researching about flight schools because I am interested in becoming an airline pilot. I have looked at some local flight schools in this area and almost decided to go to the ATP Long Beach one.
But I want to try to get PPL first at somewhere else to save money and also to find out if I really like to become a commercial pilot.

1)
So, can you please SUGGEST any school/club in SoCal where I can get the PPL training? It would be great if,

- it takes 2~3 months (5 months at the most) to get the certificate
- since ATP requires 80TT to start with PPL, I wish the TOTAL price (training for PPL & renting fee after getting PPL to fill up the time) is LESS than $13,000.
*$13,000 is the difference between starting ATP with and without PPL

2)
Also, is there any other option beside going to flight school for PPL?
For example, working with a CFI privately, joining a club, or anything else?

I don't know anyone who's related to this aviation field, so please give me any suggestion. I would really appreciate your help.
There are plenty of flying clubs that you can learn at, and set your own pace. You didn't specify where in Socal you are, and it is a big place. Just do some Google-fu to find the general aviation airports near you and the flying clubs at them. Then give them a call.