View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 09:41 PM
TalkTurkey
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler

Originally Posted by legend View Post
I personally think this TA is acceptable and I will be voting Yes. I don’t think many are voting out of fear like we did after bankruptcy. This is a descent deal with room for improvements later. The only reason we are getting paid better is because of our demand. We may have leverage but you don’t want to get there to quick. When everyone one else is matching our pay and incentives are more, D will come back to the table and ask our union what can be done to compete. It has to be their idea. But at the end of the day you have to vote what you think is right. Just remember as an FO, we used to make $14-20 per hour, on reserve for 3-6 years and no upgrade or movement, downgrades, concessions in bankruptcy. Now a FO will be making $50/hr with 20k bonus and upgrade as soon as time allows. These improvements are very good and should not be taken lightly. Just remember where you and others came from. We are in record breaking times. A lot to be thankful for.
Thank God you’re not in the investment banking industry because you’d hedge on a goose egg for sure. It a bull market for regionals and you’ll sink millions into a cesspool