View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 PM
GearBoy
missionary

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: Right seat 787 or missionary
Default Island of the Misfit Toys is in the PNW

Originally Posted by MiLtoMajor123 View Post
Interesting points.....but can we keep this off the Hiring thread? I'd like some Seniority....and a bigger pilot group which will have more power.
That's just it. Perspective hires are the ones that need to read this the most. They need to know what they're getting themselves into at Alaska. An educated decision-

Bigger pilot group does not necessarily equate to more power, especially if the island is filled with even more misfit toys-

Ironically, things probably won't get better there until Alaska yet again has problems attracting and retaining, just like when b-scale went away.

In the meantime, get ready for a lowering of hiring qualifications and a streamlining of the hiring process. That's my prediction. College? Grades? Sim ride? Total time? PIC turbine? Interview process? Application windows? They're going to do whatever it takes to get as many minimally qualified pilots through the pipeline before the supply dries-up. A minimally experienced yet barely qualified is NOT what the average pilot wants to sit next to. But, it is good enough for management, a warm butt in the seat-

My prediction is for more misfit toys on your island.

Last edited by GearBoy; 10-14-2017 at 11:14 PM. Reason: typo