View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 PM
PurpleTail
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Default DH'ing into Manchester (MAN)

There is not much info on the company website "Airport Briefing" page so I thought I would pass on what I learned today...

I arrived at T3 from ORD, after leaving baggage claim there will NOT be anyone waiting for you holding up a FedEx sign or anything (like they do in Asia). After looking around and not finding anyone I called SELWYN's (GT) from a payphone using the company credit card (0161) 489-5720.

Dispatcher said I had 2 options...either wait there and they will call the driver to come pick me up at T3 (might be awhile due to traffic and security) or make a short walk over to T1 where the drive is waiting.

I chose option 2 and followed the airport signs over to T1...up the escalator, across the walkway, take evelator down to T1 ground level. Exit the evelator and veer to your right through the blue framed double doors...walk out to the curb and look for a silver Mercedes van with SELWYN's on the side.

Driver said there is NO parking over at T3, only pick up and drop off. Over at T1 they can park and wait curbside until we show up without getting hassled by airport security. A lot of this has to do with the SUV loaded with explosives at MAN about six months ago.

Hope this helps, I got a little fustrated this morning not knowing what to do or where to go after getting my luggage. Here is a shocker...its cold, wet and raining in England so I'm staying in tonight

Last edited by PurpleTail; 10-09-2007 at 02:40 PM.