View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:40 AM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Our reserve system is actually pretty good compared to some others, though there are problems to be fixed.

We can bid Long Call, which is a 12 hour call out, usually more like 18 to 24 hours though. I've only been transitioned to short call, less than 3 times this year.

Our first day starts at noon, vs I think 10:00 at Delta, that's huge for a commuter like me that can't make it in until noon. Makes nearly every trip they could tag me with on day 1 commutable.

We have a pretty good system of assigning reserves, you are grouped together based on time flown. So low time guys will be assigned trips first. This evens out the flying a bit. But within the group, it's based on seniority, so a senior guy can pass on a trip, or ask for a trip.

I typically end up flying 40 to 60 hours and work probably an average of 11 days (so I go unused on 7 of my on call days). Trips are assigned to Long Call electronically until 1600 HBT then via phone. So you don't really need to be tied to your phone until 1600 (though I keep mine with me anyway).

Take all responses on here, about any airline, through a filter.