View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 PM
MobiusOne
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by HSLD View Post
Private pilot check rides focus on visual maneuvers, I'm not clear on the advantage of using a "glass" trainer for steep turns, S-turns, stalls, etc. other than draining your checking account a little faster. Also, an extra 20-30 knots to get out to the practice area so can fly in circles? All required instrument "maneuvers" can easily be done in old technology for whole heck of a lot less money.

I've had enough new student pilots hurl in the airplane to know that I don't want a fancy interior

New guys - search out the least expensive airplane you can for the PPL. With the money you save, you'll be able to afford a checkout in something "fun" and have money left over.
Good point with the interior. I thought about bringing that up as well but I didn't want to throw too many points out there. The Cessna interior isn't exactly anything to brag about, but having some fine Corinthian leather playing the opposite extreme of the spectrum isn't exactly inviting to a bunch of first timers getting in and out with sweaty backs and greasy hands.