View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 07:07 PM
injun21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by flensr View Post
I think he's trying to portray this place as not being good to work at, because of the company's bad-faith approach to the contract negotiation process. I just think its counter-productive to make stuff up or spread disinformation to fellow pilots. The contract will be settled one way or another relatively shortly, but I'll be flying with y'all for another 20 years or more, so in my book, disinformation has a negative career impact for all of us.

Its no secret, that the truth is that spirit management has treated its pilots extremely poorly and disrespectfully during the contract negotiation process. That fact needs no embellishment to stand on its own. The company's position is that they are a ULCC and mgt expects to pad earnings by under-paying our pilots relative to our peers. The bad faith part comes not only from the TRO resulting from the company-induced May schedule meltdown, but also from their continued portrayal of the ULCC business model as being so fragile that it depends on underpaid and low-experience (ie. low tier) pilots in order to remain profitable. I think that's not true, and ALPA has presented our version of the numbers at the mediation sessions to support that opinion.

Again, we don't need to make up stuff about how our schedules suck in order to scare off applicants. Because the truth about the schedules is already out there, and the truth about company management all by itself is going to be enough deterrent for anyone who has options other than Spirit.

If someone wants to discuss trip rig, min guarantees, and how our contract has low average trip credit because of various contract provisions and inefficient scheduling, or other factual items, that's great. That's totally different than trying to say nobody here gets weekends or holidays off. As far as I can tell, QOL comparisons for other airlines have always been fair game. Just don't make up stuff.

In my worthless opinion of course...
I read there are only four sim sessions before the type rating. How is that possible? Are the sim sessions 8 hours long? Is the newhire checkride taken in the left seat? Does that mean you’re expected to do everything yourself single pilot?

-Thinking about coming over