View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Greenlantern340
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: SF340

Originally Posted by CH7Adriver View Post
Hey guys
I'm a very low time twin/IFR pilot, got plenty of other stuff but it doesn't help much. 30 years old, no family, no house, etc., had thought all I wanted to do was fly ag but once that turned into just 16 hours of back and forth over soybeans I decided to see what else is out there. PenAir is desperate enough to hire me, and my thought is that even if they go tits up in April I'll gain my ATP, get some multi turbine, and get to say I lived in Alaska in addition to the Midwest and South. If they're decent, stay till the ATP/CPT agreement is over, (they're paying my tuition) and then see what happens. Granted, they can put "Anchorage" on the paperwork and then ship me to Boston, but what the Hell. Bad idea, good idea, or just a waste of time?
With all the negatives to PenAir, I would say that if you want to live in Alaska and be home every night then do it. They will tell you it’s a quick upgrade but don’t believe it with the Chapter 11. If they loose the Pribilofs, McGrath, and have a bad A season then it would be my guess they won’t last through spring, but at least you will get a free type rating if it happens that quick.