Thread: June 2005 hire
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 05:16 AM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
Eh. When I was at USAir on the DC9 we did about 4 legs a day. On the 737, 3 or 4 legs a day was common. I miss some of the longer overnights in the islands but generally speaking I wouldn’t bid long flights even if I worked at an airline that did them. I admit that it bugs me here that after you do a trans-con they add on a turn. I have this fear that the Hawaii trips will start with a Vegas turn or something! If I’ve flown 5+ hours I’d really like more than 35 minutes on the ground to get the blood flowing before I go flying again. Other than that though, I’m doing the same kind of flying I’d likely be doing if I were still at a legacy. The round the world stuff is for kids. I like being within one time zone of home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on. Except in the long run, I don't think Hawaii trips will start with some mainland turn, I think we'll probably be flying interisland as it's way more bang for your duty hour. You'll get to HNL and then you'll do a leg or two interisland before shuttin' her down for the night, and/or you'll do more interisland flying before heading back to the mainland as you'll have more duty time available.