View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 07:03 AM
bamike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by robss View Post
Hi,

I am looking to being training next spring and have been looking at ATP Flight School mostly but also heard about American Flyers.

ATP is quite upfront about their costs and timelines but seems American Flyers don't disclose these details. Does anyone know how much American Flyers cost and timelines for each stage of process?

Also is there much difference between the schools in terms of getting placed and earning potential since I know ATP offer a guaranteed instructor placement.

Or are there any other recommendations for schools? I am based in Dallas, TX and currently only have about 2 hrs of flying logged through intro lessons so would basically need to start from zero experience.
DO NOT go all in to ATP or some other expensive outfit. Find a local flying club and get your private done cheaply. Just search for local flight clubs on google. There are also places in KS that offer an initial private rating for 6-7k. The place to ask about private pilot stuff isn't on here, better to ask on www.reddit.com/r/flying and you will get lots of good answers.

ATP and the academies are generally huge rip offs, they just debt saddle people who don't know any better. By the time I do my commercial multi I prob will have spent 30K max. ATP would have cost me double that.