View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 07:13 PM
galaxy flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont

I wanted to be a pilot my entire life, got my PPL in college and ultimately decided against it Because i finished school in 2006 and the industry was in shambles. I had a biochemistry degree and decided on dentistry. Fast forward 11 years and I have a successful private practice, but can’t picture doing this for the next 30 years. Yes the money is amazing. So is the schedule. 4 days week & 400k year. But bouncing around from room to room, bending over all day, dealing with people who “would rather
You are working a good, if not great, schedule; earning money only a few senior captains make at age 33!. You are not getting up at 3am to commute to a work day that won’t end until 8pm at a Holiday Inn for 10 hours without dinner. Or spend all day try8ng to sleep in a noisy hotel room before a night spent in a dark closet watching the time clock down, stifling yawns.

You are your own boss, not a number for a scheduler to call and, when he or she does call, you have little or no choice on the assignment. You will spend for training what you spent at dental school to earn maybe 15% of your current earnings with no guarantee of anything like your current earnings.

See where we’re coming from?

GF