View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 12:31 AM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by pilotdds View Post
Who said anything about giving up my career? I said I wanted to bring on a partner to free up some time to persue aviation .

Also, would not persue the airlines due to schedule.

I don’t want to hijack this thread but thought I would weigh in as another health care professional that has “made it” but still can’t kick the aviation bug.

I wanted to be a pilot my entire life, got my PPL in college and ultimately decided against it Because i finished school in 2006 and the industry was in shambles. I had a biochemistry degree and decided on dentistry. Fast forward 11 years and I have a successful private practice, but can’t picture doing this for the next 30 years. Yes the money is amazing. So is the schedule. 4 days week & 400k year. But bouncing around from room to room, bending over all day, dealing with people who “would rather be anywhere else but here”, jabbing patients with needles.... TAKES A TOLL.

does that help you understand where I’m coming from?
You have to bend over all day and move from room to room?! For only $400k??? THE HORROR! And you only get a three-day weekend every single week?? WHAAAT?

I am an airline CAPTAIN. I have 12 years of experience. I will make $66k this year. I have been home five of the last 19 days. I have been forced into overtime. You think people enjoy stepping aboard my RJ?? I hear complaints all day long. But yeah, give that up for all this.
GMAB.