View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 09:05 PM
Omar 111
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: 73na

Originally Posted by DLpilot View Post
If it was a Q trip and there was sufficient reserve coverage during the run, then then original trip would be dropped into open time as a normal trip. It would no longer be a Q trip. Drops run first. The second part where you discuss PD your own trip also wouldn't happen. That is a totally different request and then you would have to white slip the trip that you want. You don't PD a trip and then swap because you have nothing to swap.
No, again. Pilot A wants to swap a Tuesday/ Wednesday trip for a Q trip on Thursday/Friday. The only thing that matters is the reserve coverage for Tuesday/Wednesday. If Tuesday/Wednesday are both positive, it doesn't matter what reserve coverage is for Thursday/Friday. The swap will go through. I've done it. My example of the drop was only to illustrate why the swap would go through.

PWA 23 I. 14: DBMS will convert a denied PD, IVD, or APD request to a qualified personal drop (QPD). A rotation within a QPD request will be available to be awarded via white slip or swap with the pot as if it were open time.