View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 05:26 AM
METO Guido
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Not related to this particular incident per say, didn’t want to start a new thread:

NAACP warns black passengers about traveling with American Airlines - Oct. 25, 2017
I don't even know what to say? All the time & money spent to avoid this kind of thing, here's the result. Doesn’t matter, they'll throw more money at it, both sides.

You know what happens? Because people are insecure, by nature, they seek alliance or identify strongly with groups appearing similar. Illusion mostly, in order to make themselves feel bigger, protected. Becomes habit & prompts others to do the same. So then everybody goes around, labeling and making assumptions about who you are before they ever see the first thing about you as a person. Which, in turn, leads to exaggerated & false claims of being treated unfairly if you don't get special attention or whatever else you believed was promised as the MasterCard charge went through on Expedia.

Meanwhile, from the CEO inner sanctum:
Bad publicity? No way, find a patsy. Didn't come this far to have some boarding schizoid tarnish my sterling image, not to mention one penny of the compensation entitled a man of my obvious talent & stature. Prepare a statement, apologizing for the unfortunate conduct of…gate agent, flight attendant, pilot, whatever floats. Mention we are only following protocol the doughnut squad advised us to do. Authorize legal to buy claimant's silence in exchange for his/her unthinkable viral embarrassment, before lunch if possible. Well, there's a surprise, others see opportunity and copy cat. Cost of doing business these days. Don't just stand there, go draft some more apologies fart face.