View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 01:44 PM
legend
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by 2dubs View Post
So many of the "NO" voters talk about the less than $2300.00 pay cut some very small number of pilots will have to take if this TA is passed. They are so focused on 75 hrs of credit vs 83 hrs of credit they forget about the majority of us who stand to enjoy a substantial pay raise.
For Example: currently I am at the top of our pay scale. Over the years I have averaged 90hrs of credit per month. Here is what I stand to lose if this does not pass.

Year: 2016 Credit Hrs: 1160 x $90.00/hr = $104,400
+ $23,000
Total for 2016 $127,400

In 2018 if I credit the same number of hours:

1160 x $122.00/hr = $141,520
Pay Difference $14,100

I do not understand why I should take a $14,000 pay cut so someone can sit at home and only credit 75 hours/month. I get it some new hires and Reserve guys may temporarily credit less than 75 hours/month. However, over the life of the LOA, unless you choose to credit 75 hours/month everyone stands to make substantially more than they are making today.
Good Post!!!

Everyone gets a raise with potential to make more and then soft money, better commuting language etc!

My advice to the junior crowd, before you vote no, look back in history and see where a lot of us have come from and how much this company has changed for the better. Is everything we want in this new amended contract? No, and it wasn’t intended to do that. You always have to have room to grow and and focus on certain objectives which I believe our union did.

When we pass this TA it sets the bar higher and someone else will set it even higher. Causing more demand and more negotiations down the road. As far as flow and job progression? It will happen when Daddy D wants it too just like our new pay rates in this TA.

Whether you stay at Endeavor or leave for another airline, our future in Aviation is looking brighter every day. So to the yout, you have a lot to look forward to but don’t forget where some of us have come from.