View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by bay982 View Post
Would rather support battery manufacturers than commercial airlines.

This will inevitably cause a hull loss.
What, exactly, is going to cause the hull loss?

Unless you know something else not discussed in this article, WTF are you talking about? The information YOU posted talks about restricting large electronics from checked bags. This is to mitigate the possibility of a hull loss by making any batteries in large electronics accessible to the people on the aircraft. Hopefully this will create the potential for dealing with a battery runaway in the cabin rather than having it happen in the cargo hold in close proximity to aerosol cans and the other potentially dangerous items in most folks checked bags.

The only other thing the article you posted discusses is the laptop restriction which is an anti-terrorism measure dealing with specific high-threat countries.

So, explain to us how the information you posted has any reference to shipping L-I batteries and any relaxing of current restrictions.

As of right now, there are no shipments of L-I batteries allowed as cargo on passenger aircraft. I carry them all the time as cargo on my jet and I'm not real happy about that. But I'd really like to know what you think has changed and is supposedly going to cause a hull loss.