View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 05:42 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by WhisperJet View Post
FWIW I've flown with one guy who is married to another pilot - first marriage and still going strong with kids. Great people.

I have some friends at both SW and DL who are pilots and who are married to fellow pilots.

I know others who are married to pilots of different airlines and they seem to make it work.
I agree you can make it work. I've been married for almost 30 years and never looked back. There are a number of married couples at FedEx, which I think works very well because we have extraordinary flexibility to work as much/little as we like. Some of us are married to pilots at other carriers, because the reality is that female pilots are often going to be married to other pilots. Like people in other career fields, sometimes it doesn't work out, but we have a number of long term married couples.

There are sacrifices to be made to your schedule, or where to live, but if you're willing to be flexible and put the marriage first, you can work it out. It's very nice to have a spouse making the big bucks also, so you don't feel forced to work a full schedule. Sometimes I felt like we were job sharing....we have commuted for a long time, had kids, and never had a nanny.

However, you are pretty young to be thinking this is the one, I would wait awhile. But I can assure you, if you marry her, you are going to have some boring ass conversations that will irritate the non-flyers around you. Not that there's anything wrong with that.