Thread: FAPA seminar
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:47 PM
BYOB
Derp...

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
BYOB - I see you deleted your reply. Wish you hadn’t.
You seem like a good guy and I sincerely wish you the best. I’d actually approach one of our recruiters and explain to him or her exactly what you wrote in the deleted post. Yes, your user name is funny, especially when combined with the reply from 767pilot.

You asked an honest question and you were looking for help here, just like so many other did and still do. So please don’t give up and keep chugging along, if you have any references ask them to explain the ACP comments to our recruiters, they’re all human and I’m sure they like to laugh, they’ll probably get a kick out of it.

In the meantime, keep applying everywhere, go to the airline which calls you first and once you get a second chance, and I believe you will, make your decision then. Wish you the best. ..and keep playin’ those bagpipes!! : )

My post was singled out and thought humorous based on my screen name, or my post? I'm confused.

In case anyone cares to know, BYOB is an acronym for Bring Your Own Bucaidh...it's a Scottish thing from a small village on the Moray Firth coast, east of Inverness. I play the bagpipes, so informally it also stands for Bring Your Own Bagpipes.

I guess it could stand for a million things, and my wife probably wishes I didn't play the pipes. In fact I bet the entire neighborhood wishes I didn't. Heck, sometimes I wish I could quit the darn things. Of all the instruments I play, the pipes are easily the most difficult next to the uilleann pipes. My wife has threatened to make me live in the garage if I come home with a set of uilleann pipes.