View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM
brewster
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by cashcow View Post
Wouldn't Market Cap be the more appropriate measure for what the valuation of a Company is? Revenue stream by itself is a meaningless measure.

Here is the what I replied to: Come on CLiff, that's ridiculous. UPS is not looking to buy a third of DHL!! DHL is a lot larger than UPS. That's like saying the Yankees are looking to buy the Red Sox.
okay, thats what I thought you were replying to. So while you are correct that the stock value of UPS is greater than Deutche Post, lil'seinfeld is still correct that they are larger than UPS. Not quite twice the size but more than twice the size of FedEx. But yet FedEx still holds the honor of being the worlds largest airline.

All in all, I don't think it matters which company you work for. They all have their good and bad. While I doubt UPS is interested in buying up the DHL market as some suggest, they may buy the Atlas 747 slots in the production line. The question now would be if DHL will let them since they operate 747's through Polar. If they buy Atlas for a merger I would be very surprised.