View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 01:39 PM
JohnDoe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by JetDoc View Post
Agreed, the IBT boards at Republic were extremely active. Kinda disappointing here to say the least and I think a reflection of the apathy towards unions and the "stepping stone" mentality of the somewhat younger pilot group here at Compass.
That’s because our so called union does nothing to encourage the pilots using it, nor do they lead by example. The majority of the pilot group has the mentality they do because that’s the mentality the union has. I’ve heard from friends at Endeavor that their Chairman, along with Sun Country, are all in the office M-F 8-5. They said our office is rarely occupied for any amount of time. Our union has to be getting enough money in dues to buy the Chairman off for one week a mo and they all meet at the office and discuss issues along with working to resolve the issues, like real airlines do. The union is largely staffed with popularity contestants that are “box checkers” wanting to look good for Daddy D. Not because they truely care. Not saying that’s every person, just a good number. If they really cared about being volunteer or Chairman, it wouldn’t be so difficult getting a response from them regarding questions, etc that people have from that committee. I think it would be easier to get a world leader on the phone.