View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 12:45 PM
stickwiggler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Part 121, 135 & Military background

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
No thanks, I think we will worry about our local union and not worry about those pilot groups that are not in our local. You are at the point in negotiations that separates the good contracts from the bad ones. Fold now and continue as a bottom-feeder. Stand strong and move your contract and reputation into a respectable position.

We are all trying to cheer you on. It is obvious from an outsider's prospective that you are beaten down.

You all have an amazing opportunity here to hit the ball out of the park. Don't just say it was good enough to stand at the plate holding the bat while the MLB pitcher threw the ball your way. Take a swing for God sake...go for it!

I can't figure out your angle here, are you scared or close to retirement?
Seriously, are you only capable of speaking in cliche and union bumper stickers?

You use words to suggest we are "folding" or if we fail to follow the wise advice of Johnny, we can't redeem our "reputation".

Or my fav;
"We're with you".

Really? Do you think that poorly written pep talk is masking your intent?

You are basing the failure or success of our contract on how it can help you better the contract at your company; that's not "being with us" that's using us.

Our pilots are losing anywhere from $6,000 to $9,000 a month to fight for a 16 day schedule (because that is what Atlas is fighting for) even though on the pilot survey we did, didn't even list that in the top 12 items on our wishlist!

Silly baseball analogies aside, you ask the question "are you afraid or about to retire?"

That comment/question reflect your youth, arrogance and lack of experience.

No, I'm not about to retire.
I have 13 years left; which means i have almost 30 years of experience.
Fear? If recognizing the cost/benefit analysis of throwing away $30k-$50k all so that people who don't even work for my company can have more days off, then fine... call it scared if that makes you feel more brave.

If my life experience as a business owner gives me an appreciation for the challenges of a massive overhaul in the business model, than fine... insinuate that I'm ROAD (Retired on Active Duty) or somehow caving.

If not coming across as a selfish, greedy child who feels compelled to reach into my employers pocket and grab as much as i can, regardless of the consequences... than fine, hurl all the accusations you like.

I'll just consider the source.