View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 10:48 AM
FreightDawgyDog
Trust but Verify!!

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD11 CRA
Default Substitution..it really sux!

Please add to this list below. I have learned more from this board about gotchas in our contract than anywhere else...

Substitution lessons learned that you won't see stand out in the contract (at least not for legalese challenged pilots like me)..

1. If you are assigned a trip anywhere (read the end) of your 72 hour window that starts 4 hours after showtime of your original trip, you have to sit every day of sub availability for those 72 hours. This means you do not get the 72 hours off as described in the contract.

2. If you are unavailable for your initial sub window due to legal rest or being on duty, (i.e. trip you are on is revised and you get back late causing an operational conflict and for you to fly through initial sub window) you mut sit all 72 hours of sub availability instead of getting the initial 72 hours off. If you want OTP in that case, you must elect it prior to the showtime of your original trip that you were subbed for. This means you have to decide pretty much when notified about sub and you can't wait to see if you are assigned anything the next day and then decide.

Any others..?