Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 08:00 PM
ebl14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 73N

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Lol agism. Yeah right I almost forgot we live in a fake zeitgeist of perpetual victimization etc.

Its not "agism" anymore than a mandatory retirement age is agism, or a minimum age for ATP is agism, or any other occupational age limits that exist all throughout society.

Plenty of airlines have done it that way and continue to do it that way. Internet hyperbole about being forced to change it because of age lawsuits is fake news. Age in class is 100% fair and the best way to do it (sorry to all the ninjas with 99XX last 4's) because the older pilots will be forced out sooner and have less time on the list. No one should go ahead of them simply because of a SSN. If its going to change but won't be changed to that, then I guess order interviewed is the second best, with an in class lottery being the next best.

Either way last 4 is just stupid.
I agree, we should reward the guy who hustles the hardest. Class seniority should go from youngest to oldest. Those older guys should have worked harder to have that extra 24 number bump.