View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 PM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired
Angry

Originally Posted by ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE View Post
Hey FliFast - when you get recalled to American do you keep your TWA seniority within STL domicile? So would you get recalled as a captain if you went to STL? Just curious how that works, tx.
AV8,

The short answer is "yes" I retain my seniority in STL only, which is a 95' hire. Everywhere else in the system I would bid using a 6/10/01 seniority date-two months after the merger date.

As a 95' hire, my reinstatement rights are as a STL 767 Intl F/O. Unfortunately, because STL has been gutted and is a ghost town, there isn't a need for many 767 Intl F/Os. So it is anyone's guess if I will be recalled to STL on the Super 80 (there's nothing Super about an MD80) or thrown out in the system using my 2001 seniority which inevitably will be reserve where the company has a need. (NYC/ORD/MIA or DFW).

We have many TWA-ers (88/89 hires) with reinstatement rights to the left seat but there has to be a position for them to hold it . Again since STL has been all but closed down there arent many openings there.

If you have any more questions, PM me...

FF