View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 12:19 PM
sealandair
Chopstick Grandmaster

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
You're going to see more and more of this as it is now assumed that your social life exists primarily online. Twenty years ago, airline recruiters couldn't invite themselves over to your house on saturday night to hang out with you and your buds drinking beer, but now they can since there's no law against it.
It isn't illegal yet, though I hear this is being contested in various states such as Oregon. You could also employ the Socratic method of response by inquiring back, "would you grant me access to all of your family photos, a timeline of your activities with your spouse, significant others, family and friends, and your personal emails?" There are so many ways a savvy person could stay ahead of them. Granted, a major airline wants to know they aren't hiring creeps, but this method of hovering is creepy in itself, imo. What happens if one of your "friends" decides to post something like a distasteful political meme, or a picture of herself in a pot leaf T-shirt? "Friends" tend to clutter up people's accounts, even though you might not really be friends. Would I want to go through my entire friend list and either unfollow or unfriend any person who may potentially post something bad?