Old 11-14-2017, 02:13 PM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
I realize that not every retirement option is going to be the best deal for every pilot, so I'm not sure why they aren't considering giving people choices.

Give people the choice to keep the A plan, with increases in the maximum benefit. Give them the choice to freeze their A plan and start the VB plan. Give the choice for greatly increased B fund contributions. If the VB plan is so great, people will start choosing it. If the young guys want to forgo everything for a large B fund over the years, go for it. And how about a lump sum buyout, too.

I don't think one pilot group should have to sacrifice so the other can get larger benefits. Having choices like this would eventually get most people off the defined benefit plan (that is supposedly so costly), allowing the excess to go to these options and the company to get their cut. And people would be able to choose what they thought was best for themselves, without screwing other pilot groups.
Great ideas! Sadly, we better get used to living under the current contract. The Union leadership is dividing the crew force so beautifully, I don't suspect we'll see another one pass for a very long time.