Old 11-15-2017, 11:46 AM
1337pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Reserve King View Post
Tough to crystal ball like that, but if that does happen do you think DL would minimize flying at EDV to save costs? Meaning, would the new TA make EDV uncompetitive?
Very true, I'm just presenting kinda of a worse case scenario based on the fact that the business side (management) wants to save money, which is understandable, I mean it's hard to argue with reducing labor costs to the lowest the market will give you if you're a businessman, and the fact there's plenty of Riddles out there who will gladly fly for free as long as they got to fly a nice big shiny jet, while wearing their pilot hat and raybans.

If we pass our TA at EDV it has a fleet commitment in it as well, so I think that might protect our flying for the length of that (not 100% sure about this), our rates would still be a lot less than what mainline gets, and with the fact that Skywest is really the only other regional that has actually been doing a good job for DL, I think we may be ok. If we don't pass the TA then who knows, nothing is contractual at that point, so we'd be really putting our behinds out in the wind if we don't. All they'd have to keep people here and drinking the coolaid is implement a flow to DL which they've been very against so far, let the bonuses expire, and they'll keep it staffed with guys who will gladly make enough to qualify for foodstamps (and wear their hat) for 8 years just to get the chance to fly for Delta Air Lines. Don't get me wrong, I want a flow as much as the next guy. But I also want to get paid well for the majority of the next decade that would take as well.