View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 01:44 PM
jtroypaige
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default Air Whisky Vs. PSA Info

Hello all,

I'm one of those lucky guys who is interviewing with a bunch of interviews this month and have received CJO's from almost all of them. I'm looking to start training in mid-December, but am having a hell of a time trying to decide between what I perceive to be my top two. I'm hoping that some of you kind gents can enlighten me about a few things before I jump off and make a decision.

So my top two, as evidenced by the title here, are Air Whiskey and PSA.

Air Whisky wasn't near the top of my list at first, but after going through the interview process and fully understanding the trip and duty time rigs, something completely foreign to us 91 guys, I really like those protections. So my questions to you guys are how is the quality of life and pay with those rigs? What are your real-life paychecks looking like in hours? The recruiting captain mentioned that some get paid as much as 140 hours and I wanted to know if that was a complete bill of goods? I understand you are also understaffed and are junior manning and the like quite a bit, but does that paint a pretty rosy upgrade time picture? They said 18-24 month time period to us during the interview. That look around accurate? Finally, are the health care and other benefits that great at Air Whisky?

The thing that I am weighing those duty rigs and benefits against at PSA is mainly the SAP scheduling. I understand that PSA doesn't have the rigs that Air Whisky does, but being able to do all the dropping and scheduling yourself really does sound like a huge QOL benefit. For any PSA pilots, is the SAP all that is cracked up to be? How many hours of pay are common on your lines? How does the SAP realistically effect your pay and QOL? Basically a bunch of the same questions that I asked Air Whisky pilots, as well.

Could some people help give me a run down and sway me one way or the other? I really don't want to get caught up in the recruiting euphoria and I would sure appreciate your help!