View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 05:46 PM
WakeWash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

There’s a lot to be said for working for a wholly owned as well. Obviously you don’t wanna be at a regional for more than the 5 year United contract but you’ve always gotta be ready. American can match regional competition with their wholly owns. AWAC doesn’t have that kind of ability being independent. Also, Kirby HATES regional pilots, but lovveesssss to utilize the regionals. And he’s very good at it. It wasn’t until he left American that the wholly owns started getting money sent their way to become competitive and stay at the top. And guess who Kirby works for now? United. As an unbiased opinion I’d go to PSA or any wholly owned 20 times over before I’d even glance AWACs direction. Fantastic group of pilots, but just so much uncertainty in my view over there.

Not even gonna discuss what kind of effect SAP has on quality of life tho because you can read it everywhere, and yes it is true. Not an FO here but I’d say PSA pay is a bit better, with the possibility of t being upped some more in the next year or so if/when the Endeavor TA passes.