View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 07:20 PM
WakeWash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Grumbletrousers View Post
Couple things here;

1) Even if the Endevour TA passes, you make roughly the same at Air Wisconsin over the first three years due to the bonuses. The idea Air Wisconsin can’t match American is untrue seeing as how the owners made half a billion bailing out US Airways from bankruptcy. Air Wisconsin has money. Lots of it. They just need to share it better.

2) Kirby joining United was one of the reasons we got a contract with them. We consistently outperformed every American regional carrier on; fuel, on-time, and completion. What Parker didn’t like was our price. Which was negotiated with US Airways as part of the bankruptcy loan.

3) Your opinion will never be unbiased because you work for PSA.

4) If the Endevour passes their TA every regional will get raises within 2-3 years.
1. If you’re only looking at the first 3 years and not the possibility of getting stuck somewhere then you need to approach it again.

2. You just made my point. Kirby loves to utilize regionals as I mentioned, which is why AWAC got that contract. He hates giving regional pilots anything though.

3. I’d say go to many places over AWAC. I suggested any AA wholly owned and would even suggest Endeavor over AWAC.

4. This isn’t possibly for so many airlines. Where are these independent carriers going to get the money from? They are receiving money from only the flying they bid on. There’s no one behind them with deep pockets like AA or Delta. You can only raise pay so much before you have to start asking for more on the flying you’re doing, and risk not winning any flying at all because a Mesa or someone comes in and underbids you for it. You may see a couple dollars added to pay rates, but I don’t see very many being able to match Endeavor type rates and beyond.