View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 03:42 AM
Planepirate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Macjet View Post
Probably because our attrition was not 25%. In fact, we grew the pilot ranks by 20% from the beginning of 2017 through today from 1500 to 1800 (round numbers).

400 hired? We didn't have 25% attrition there either. 100 left but not entirely from these 400 bodies. We had people leave that were hired in previous years so they aren't in that 400.

With 1800 on property and 100 leaving that is a YTD attrition of 5.3%. Not a good APC Thread Title but facts nonetheless. 25% attrition would be closer to 475 having left which would have shut the airline down.
Wife? Is that you? I could swear that’s you, since you are making something that is so simple into a complicated cluster****** of a big deal. Lol.

I bet I know how Airlines figure out staffing. They look at their growth and the boss man says “we need 300 additional pilots next year”. Then another manager says, “we lost 100 last year and we anticipate that trend to continue” (they know there will be no contract and they share an evil chuckle). The boss man answers “Well let’s hire 400 then”