View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 04:25 PM
PontiusPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Reverse Cowgirl

Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
NEVER assumed such, just simply disagreed with your advice on going on going to XJT on the point of the CPP.

True, but when myself and many others and maybe you got our first jobs before 9/11, we had a much different career expectation/"trajectory" than what the dark decade gave us. You NEVER KNOW.....

I believe that NOW it's up to that rate. The first year-ish (maybe a little longer) had about a 50% pass rate.

It's not what I think, it's what I know.

End of summer it was UP TO about 50% pass at the interview. Up from about 20% summer prior.

True. I know a few last fall that beat the CPP by getting an off the street. Also know those that were accepted and waiting and took employment elsewhere.

Well, sort of. I know 3 that got in without it, and a few more going without it. It's at UAL's discretion. As well as many times has no rhyme or reason why some don't have to get it and some are being told to get it to be considered.

Remains to be seen.

Agreed. I NEVER SAID people SHOULDN'T go to XJT, I just said that the CPP shouldn't really be a factor based on what I know as well the FACT that UAL is very nondescript/subjective as they've been to date.

It's "better" now, but about the first year UAL really mismanaged it and turned down A LOT of good people that SHOULD have got in. Combined with what can be a lengthy wait, etc etc etc.
I mistakenly replied to you about the recruiter accusation, as well as the point about not coming to ExpressJet. Turns out that was meant for a post before yours. My apologies.

I agree on most of your points. I also know of a few people in the CPP who ended up leaving for SWA, JetBlue, and others. The decimated early interviewees and tiny hiring numbers at UA in 2017 definitely took the wind out of the sails of the XJT CPP before things ever really got going. I'm optimistic that things are about to change.

I don't necessarily think that the CPP alone is a great reason to come to XJT. It's something that can work out for some, and won't for others. My original point is that it's a consideration if someone is actually making the Cape Air vs XJT decision.